Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

December 17, 2009

Christmas Exploits


Getting the Christmas tree!! It's always a little tricky getting the tree to stay up cause we're too cheap to buy a stand. But the cinder block/pitcher combo has worked quite nicely. Well, after we taped the tree to the wall.


Putting on Christmas lights, decorating, good good.


A tree wouldn't be complete without its star! Smalls made this beauty out of a cardboard box and tinfoil.


Isn't it homey?


My friend Derek came to Provo and we hung out a bit. He apparently felt he would miss me so much he had to take my poncho, and my spongebob. Yes, I believe he is interdigitating with Spongebob!


No Christmas would be complete without Christmas goodies! I went all out this year, and they were delicious. All of them. I know, because I ate every single one of them.


This year was also particularly hard to keep the candy in the calendar. I mean to say, it was gone within two days of buying the calendar. We had this brilliant idea that we would refill it with junior mints, a much superior chocolate then what comes in the thing. But, upon refilling we promptly ate all of those candies, so all in all not a festivity for those with no self control.


Teaching Smalls the violin! She's a natural, when she'll play, but its tough getting this one to practice. She learned "The Drummer Boy" here, and played it magnificantly.


To spread the joy of my Thanksgiving celebration, I broke out my hackeysack and the two of us did what we could. I suck at being coordinated.


We love this new park by our house. And we loved even more that on this beautiful night, the snowmen had come to visit!


They didn't like to go too high, of course, but these snowmen babies were pretty hefty. They really got going.


Roomate Christmas Party! Jess made all kinds of delicious food, we played skipbo and "Basil", watched a movie...a great night. I love my roommates!


Jess is so cute.


Oh, back at the park. Little baby chicken! Someone got very creative over there.


So someone brings shopping carts from smiths and leaves them all over provo. at least, they're always in front of our house and it angers us. So we've taken to pushing them away from our apartment and into this parking lot. Well, on our way home from the park we saw these blasted carts over by Pip's house, and we were outraged. I wish I could say that on this night, we moved the carts away and cleared the sidewalk for our good friends. We didn't though. We just got the picture and left the cart. Its hard to push me in the snow!

That's a small taste of the fun that is to be had here at Christmas. Pretty sure it will all cease now that Smalls is leaving. :( Tomorrow. :( I'm thinking this will be harder than I anticipated.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!
I want you to know in all honesty that while I have made friends here, I have never felt as connected and friended with anyone here as I did with you guys in Provo.
What a wonderful chapter in life to find kindred spirits that will stay with us no matter where we go.
Remember Switz,
if you're out on the road, feeling lonely and so cold, all you have to do is call my name and I'll be there on the next train.
Merry Christmas!