Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

August 11, 2010

Writing

Well, today is writing Wednesday, so I thought I better write something. So far, my plan to accomplish things with my life is not really working. I came up with a schedule, to help tailor my daily activities and ensure certain things happened each week. Here is the schedule:

Music Monday : practice some instrument for some undetermined amount of time with undetermined result goals.

Turtle Tuesday : clean that stinky cage, get the mold off the turtle's floatie, and give her some special attention.

Writing Wednesday: Very vague here....write in a journal, a blog, some sort of written word.

Throw-down Thursday : I had a very hard time coming up with anything except throw-up thursday, so I fudged a little to make this day. Basically I'm supposed to do chores, clean the room, the bathroom, tidy things up.

Food Friday : A day to go shopping and make meal plans for the week.

Weekends are apparently free because I could come up with nothing else, and two S's in a row was just too much.

So far, I played the guitar once last Monday. I made an exception today to play my banjo because the dam jam is this weekend and I need to practice. I need to practice a whole lot more than that but, as you'll see, my accomplishments in general have been very limited, so music making follows suit.

I did not clean the turtle's cage until friday. Which left me feeling very iffy about cleaning it again this Tuesday. I mean, it had only been three days! Maybe next week...

I wrote nothing last Wednesday but here I am today, posting a blog! Yeah me, this is worthwhile.

No throw-down has happened, no chores. I tidied up my room a bit when I thought my mom would see it, and vacuumed on saturday when my dad brought a vacuum down from Idaho for me, but I don't know that that counts.

No food shopping has been done, except ice cream. But man, if food is a necessity for our physical bodies, this ice cream has been twice as necessary for my emotional body, and it has been sustaining me physically as well. Private selection, cookie dough. There are almost too many cookie dough chunks!!!! Is that even possible?!!? They have a great chocolate ice cream that smalls loves, and I'm betting their mint is divine as well. all around happiness in that container.

The weekends have indeed been free of anything productive as well.

So I'm not entirely sure this schedule has been helpful for me. But I'm not positive it hasn't either.

Unrelatedely, I am now the Field Administrative Assistant at Outback. After two other unfortunate souls attempted this job and did not stick around, and upon my pleading for a steady job instead of the inconsistencies of my previous "title", I have taken the yoke upon me and will become, in effect, Outback's b*!&h. so I"m pretty sure when bleeping out words, you're supposed to do it randomly or something. Having never done it, I thought it looked funny, so i went back and tried about ten combinations and am wholly unsatisfied with the result. How is that supposed to look?

Anyway, point being I do a bunch of dirty jobs and am available for anything they feel like throwing at me, but I have freedom in when I work, somewhat, and when I do things, and I like that. I've discovered I prefer having tasks to do instead of time to kill, having my own pace instead of someone breathing down my neck, and having the option to come and go as I please, with vacations when I want, as long as I get my crap done. This is why I'll never have a real job, but so be it.

My bosses are also very gungho about my scooter. One of them just got his own, albeit a pansy 50 cc that is bright green. His helmet, however, is a perfect orange that would compliment my scooter greatly. My other boss says I sold him on the scooter, and once I get some flames on mine he committed to getting his own and we can start the scooter club. Another boss said he wants something similar...but with 1200 cc's. We'll see.

Okay, do I have anything else at all to say here? umm, did everyone appreciate Monday? 8-9-10!!! I thought that was stellar.

Oh, I know what happened last Wednesday. I crashed my scooter and it left me speechless.

 It was a crazy stormy day, full of lightening, thunder, hail, rain, and wind. Like, downpour-rain. Flooding my work-rain. And making huge puddles-rain. I went through a huge puddle, got covered in water, and then tried to turn my little scoot.     :(   It went down. I didn't though, so that's something. Just got that nasty bruise on my leg and a scratch on my thumb. I was a bit shaken up though, thus the no writing.


Here's my dad on the scoot, just for fun. Miku's the little guy's name, scootin's his game and he's one mischevious little hooligan.

Peace.

No comments: