Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

September 16, 2009

Home 09

I went home with Smalls last weekend, and here are some reasons why I love my home, family, and town.

1. Pets! I love them. And I love sitting on the porch when the morning sun warms you while my mom rocks in her little swing chair.

2. random cool events that pass through. Like the LOTOJA, a race I'd never heard of but am now quite familiar with. Bikers go from Logan to Jackson in one day, passing through Montpelier!


3. Other random things pass through. Like...airplane wings?

bikers continued. There were soooo many people. We decided we needed to do this race next year. Until we researched it. Now we're thinking about it.


4. Where else could you help drive a team of oxen?



Or make friends with a lovely pioneer and her dog?


5. kids in watermelons. Need I say more?



6. No, not the famous raspberry shakes, a standard Arctic Circle shake you could find anywhere. But really good shakes. Smalls likes the chocolate banana, my favorite is the Oreo with mint.


6. The chance to overcome fears. This slide daunted me for so long as a child. I was terrified of it every time I came to this park with my brother.


Success! I am no longer afraid.


Smalls never really felt any fear, but at least she pretended to.


7. I think 7, I lost count. Yeah, what the heck? What is this creepy spider thing? But I remember it being there from when I was little.


Close up of his happy face.


8. Always water to be jumped into. We didn't want to go all the way to the lake because it was a cold day and the lake is far, so we drove up to the reservoir, braved the moss lining the shore, and dove in.

Surprisingly very cold, but refreshing as always


9. Brothers. Especially great brothers who spread their sauces with Doritos.


10. Delicious food. Always a ton of it too. We got stuffed that weekend!

11. Emma! My mom has given up having a grandchild, and has taken matters into her own hands. this is her baby girl, Emma, who is heavy like a newborn and has only needed a few minor adjustments to her feet...Smalls took to her right away and had to sleep with her

12. Brothers and pets, already stated. But doing ridiculous things such as this!


13. Papas. And plans to go to church that are thwarted by conference. This has happened a large number of times in my life, and I'm ashamed to say I'm always a little glad there's no church..oops!


14. Football!! It has been a long time. I like football! I wanted to watch it when we were done, wanted to get in shape to play, had visions of winning championships...then got so sore the next day I forgot it all.


I was finally on a winning team, when it was me, Shawn, and Chris, against smalls and my dad. We couldn't determine if Shawn's winning powers were stronger than my losing powers, so we had to combine forces to see that I wasn't that big of a loser. thank goodness.




Oh yeah basketball too. I was finishing knitting at this point so I hadn't joined in the fun yet. smalls won though, as always.


15. Cows in the backyard.

16. Doing mean and ridiculous things to my pets. I thought Odie looked good with brown hair :)

Pooky looked better.
Undocumented events were the shopping spree with my mom before getting to Montpelier, eating at Chiles, walk with the dogs, and stopping to visit the Leonhardts on our way home. I love those people, and they gave us two bags full of vegetables from their garden, and fed us not fasule but Lenhardio beans. wonderful.

1 comment:

Lizi said...

Lenhardio beans, really? Haha! This post made me love Montpelier too! I'm going to go back there with you sometime. I know you don't believe, but I will!! The pic of you on the porch is my favorite...I can just feel the sun in the morning. That is the best. What a delightful weekend! P.S. I'm proud of you for posting pictures too!