Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

May 10, 2010

Something good about Mondays

Today I thought- I love Mondays. This unusual statement stemmed from checking my blog, only to see that about 5 people had updated theirs. I think this usually happens sometime during the weekend, when people have a chance to do something for fun. I liked it. I got to see some cute little kid pictures, hear about how my friends are doing, and remember that there are great things in life.

So I came to make just a simple little blog tribtue to Mondays, and then as I uttered the phrase to myself -" I love Mondays," with the feeling that this was perfectly normal and everyone would be on my side with this one, I remembered the ugly truth about this particular day.

Not many people like Mondays. Mondays are hard days. They mean work and responsibility and vacations over and get things done. They mean an abrupt awakening for many when they have had two days to sleep in. They are often met with rushed, frantic appearances and bloodshot eyes. While I acknowledge this and admit I have often cursed this retched day, today I think Monday is swell and I'll give a few more reasons why.

Mondays are new beginings. How many well-intentioned goals have fallen through at one point or other in the week, only to be recommitted to on Monday. "Well, I already blew that resolution, so I might as well let loose this weekend and start again Monday." I'm not saying that's a great attitude, but it is nice to have such a definite starting place to try again.

Mondays offer new perspective. If you have a job that is the same old thing everyday, maybe after being gone for two days you see things a little differently, before the drone of habits and patterns dulls your senses into oblivion.

For me, today, Mondays are beautiful because I worked a ton last week, and so far it looks like this week will be much calmer. So though I set my alarm, I got up half an hour after it went off. I did yoga, and then meant to go to work, but its raining and I thought...hmm, I'd rather not. So I didn't. Instead I researched schools and thought about my future. I probably don't really have the time to do this, but at the begining of the week, it seems like I have so much time, might as well waste some, right? thank you monday, for hiding from me all I need to get done this week.

Yes, that will do. Thank you Monday for the gift that is you. I hope everyone has a spectacular day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I posted on Saturday so you'd have something to read come Monday :)