Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

July 26, 2010

To Scoot or not to scoot

So I may be buying a scooter. If I do, I want to buy it soon, as winter is coming on and I want as much time to utilize the scootage as possible.

Reasons? They get freaking good gas mileage! Who knew? the average is around 80 mpg, can you imagine? I've been feeling more environmentally conscious lately and driving to Lehi everyday in my big honking car (doesn't help that it's falling apart), wasting all the gas and all the emissions, it makes me feel bad. I could drive a little scooter and save a lot of gas money and other bad things.

What I really should get is a pedal bike. That would be most environmentally friendly. But I'm not at all sure I would be committed to taking the extra time to get to work, and would probably end up in my car. Plus it would maybe be harder to ride in bad weather. So this is maybe a cop out, but maybe a step in the right direction?

Problem: I have hated scooters with a passion for almost two years now, and I can't seem to find one that I like the look of due to this fact. They look silly. They're tiny and slow and uncool. Well, except to the scooter crowd, who seem to think scooters are what life is about. I am not that crowd and dont really want to join that culture. Again, I have bitter feelings toward the scooter crowd that influence my thoughts. A small bike is another option, that could go further and hopefully on dirt roads, but I feel that would be more expensive and have worse gas mileage. But maybe I'd look cooler.

So, give me some feedback peeps. Either what you hear as far as good brands and such, or how you think I'd look coolest, or just how you feel about the weather. Really I just want two things:
1. more comments on my blog
2. someone else to make my decisions for me.

Can you see it? Me, scootin' down the road? Or zippin down on a bike? Or walking cause my car borke down and I'm too poor to buy a new one....aye me

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My blog comments have dipped considerably too and it bums me out.
I know nothing about scooters, I am useless to you. :(
I think it would be cool, or fun, or both.

Jules said...

I think you have to give lots of comments to get lots of comments, right?
I have wanted a scooter, more for fun. I can't get one now because I am pretty sure I can't hook my carseat to it. I didn't know there was a scooter crowd deterring you. Don't let them stop you. Redefine scooter-ownership. Aside from the fact that your place has an extreme winter season, I think it's a very good idea.

steinbeigle said...

Scooters are gay. Buy a motorcycle.