Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

November 7, 2010

Honestly?!

okay so I love where i live, it would be perfect but for a few absurdities, but as they come when I am most vulnerable and prone to anger, I sometimes feel that I can't stay here another day.

these disturbances all involve something messing with my sleep. As previously mentioned, living above me is an excellent violin player. He/she can play beautiful, haunting music that almost sounds like a recording. I appreciate this talent and Mystery Person's desire to express it. But the only time I ever hear it played is between the ours of 4 and 6 AM. Honestly? The violin is one instrument that is always loud, no matter what you're playing. And the walls/floor separating aparmtents are not very thick.

typically I've noticed the violin will play only if I've been practicing my violin the day before, like somehow its payback for me playing at the ungodly hour of 5 or 6 PM. Or it happnes when I get to sleep in an hour or so. The rare days I don't have to get up at 6, then the violin wakes me up and sends me into a dort of furious, impotent frenzy as I consider how rude and inappropriate it is to play such an instrument at such an hour. I never do anything about it, but i think...

then there's the stomping. What do I know ? Maybe they're just walking around and its super loud; maybe our downstairs neighbors feel the same way about us, but truly i've wondered sometimes if they have wild animals up there.

When I first moved in, I would hear these weird, scraping sounds, and running, running back and forth, over and over, again not starting until around 11 PM and sometimes going until 3 or 4. The most disturbing part is my mind, wondering what they could possibly be doing, what could be going on. Why back and forth? Why so late? Why the jumping, as with last night, jumping and running-is someone gettin beat up there? Should I be concerned? Jumping? Acrobats, at one in the morning. Why?

Because today is the weekend, and I should be able to sleep in. What? Sleep in? Heavens no! We must stop that at all costs! It's like when I lived by BYU and the ROTC guys would run in the morning, run right past my window at 5 AM chanting loudly. Like this morning, when my exhausted stupor finally sent me to peaceful oblivion despite the upsets, some school by my house took matters into its own hands and a siren went off a little before 7. Went off, and kept going off, loudly. Maybe someone broke in. Should I call the cops? is htis dangerous? Why don't the cops come? Why doesn't the alarm go off?

One things for sure. Someone or something does not want me getting too much cleep here, and they're determined to see that through.

Its quiet now, but for how long?!!?

2 comments:

Lizi Bates said...

Poor Shena :( Maybe you should come sleep at my house! Which normally would be a joke with a newborn, but really Sawyer is letting us sleep! I think you need to beat a few people up, then you'd feel better.

Nicole Moultrie said...

ooohhhhh I so remember these feelings, and am so relating to these feelings my friend. I'm SORRY! Not now in my life, things have quieted down but sending sympathy for sure!