Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

November 15, 2010

Woops

So one day at work last week, I decided I would mop the floor of the bay where I perform most of my duties. I don't often mop the floor; in fact, I've only mopped it once since I started this job four months ago. But I had most of the things off the floor and it looked sooo dirty that I decided I needed to mop it.

And I did.

Afterwards I was feeling hasty and just wanted to leave, end of the day and all. So at first I thought I'd just chuck the mop in a corner and leave it there, all dirty like and such. Cause that's how I roll. But then, I thought, "no. be responsible. rinse out that mop!"

So I turned on the sink and started rinsing. And then, the brilliant thought- "soak the mop! Soak the mop in hot water overnight!"

To fulfill this plan, I stuck the plug in the sink and left it running to fill up while I gathered my things and got ready to leave. Yes, that's exactly what I did. I got my things and I left.

I ran some errands, came home, got some food, then got a text message from a co-worker. The subject line: Flood!!!

Oops! It almost looked like I was attempting to destroy my company by water. Luckily our neighbors happened to look in the door and see the water pouring out of the sink and flowing around the room. Normally I'm the only one to go back there, so it would have been a long time before anyone caught my little mistake.

Sorry Outback. I'm a ditz!

The happy part is no one even knew about it except the guy that called me, and when I voluntarily told everyone else about it, they all just laughed. This is probably due to the fact that no gear was ruined. Had I done any real damage it probably would have been a much different story.

Alls well that ends well :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That'll teach you! Quit tryin' to be responsible! ;)

Nicole Moultrie said...

great story! This is too funny. Thanks for the laugh at your expense:) he he just teasing.