Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

December 5, 2010

My Perfect Day

For the first time in a long time, I did not have to work on Saturday, or do anything else that I did not want to do. No commitments, no agenda. So I lay in bed Friday night and tried to decide how I would spend my precious day. What I came up with wasn't too exciting, but then it made me think about what I would do if I could do anything at all, if I had a whole day to use just as I pleased-how would I please? This is what I came up with:

I envisioned waking up early, so I didn't feel like I'd wasted any part of the day, but feeling refreshed and invigorated. I'd walk outside on my deck in the woods, smell the crisp, fresh air, feel a light breeze on my skin, hear birds chirping. I'd do yoga out there, surrounded by the sounds and the smells and the peace.

Then I'd visit with some good friends. Maybe we'd go for a walk through the trees, or make some kind of delicious food, or just sit outside and chat and laugh.

I would need to go for a walk or a run or something, some way to spend time outside and get centered, away from sidewalks and roads and cars and city noises. This made me realize I must be feeling cooped up in the city and needing to get out in nature more right now, because every happy thought I had involved nature.

I also think I'm feeling overworked, because I just saw me having a chill day, not high energy or anything. I wondered if my day would involve snowboarding or surfing, or even just some time at the beach, because these are things I love, but they all take so much time and effort, sapping your enegery, so right now they didn't make it to my perfect day. Although I think a trip out on a sailboat or out on the ocean would definitely be appropriate.

Then there would be a music session. Alone or with a group of people, I just want time to play, without feeling rushed or forced. Or time to write, to sit and ponder and reflect. To write the great novel I will someday publish...Some creative expression without distractions.

A run at dusk as the sun is setting and the world calms down. And then dinner and a night with the man I love. Yep, that would be awesome. If I could only find him.

So now I know what I want, how do I create this life for myself? I'm working on it.

And I believe it is located in the redwoods. Should I move there?

2 comments:

Jules said...

I live by some redwoods. . .

Lizi Bates said...

My parents are selling their house in CC...maybe you should buy it and live there! I'm so glad we got to go play there together. Your perfect day sounds absolutely wonderful. I would like to be there with you when we chat and laugh outside.

Oh yes...I should have put a disclaimer on my blog post about Christmas cards...just because I'm getting 50 free ones, doesn't necessarily mean they'll get in the mail. BUT if they do you most certainly will get one! I LOVED yours by the way :)