Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

October 27, 2009

The saga continues. Or, Lesson learned

Well, something finally got through for me. Even after the disastrous results with my hair, I still hadn't learned my lesson. On Friday night I thought...I can fix this. I know I can fix this. I'll give it one more try and if that doesn't work, I'll go see someone to have it fixed. I had no intention of seeing someone. I went to the beauty store, asked for help, was directed away from what I was going to do and given other advice by one baffled by my hair, and also having her own hair issues. On top her hair looked a lovely brown; underneath, purple grey. So I wonder at my listening to her so faithfully and heading home excited to solve everything. I was even imagining myself calling everyone, telling them I'd done it, I'd make everything right. I'm so proud.

The dye was beautiful. This wonderful, purple-silver mixture. It ran out of my hair into the bathtub in such sparkles. I looked at my hair, excited and expectant, only to find it was dark brown, frazzled, and green/grey. It looked like the hair of a dead person. Charcoal is all I could think. And in that moment, I admitted defeat. Went to have it fixed by a professional. I spent so much money, just to have my hair the same dark brown but uglier and very damaged. Great.

This is it now, after she dyed it with a red brown dye. Red!!!! I've been trying to get rid of the red!! anyway, there it is. I threw away my gloves and vowed to never touch my own hair again. Not to be impulsive. not to pretend I know what I'm doing. Humility. Help-seeking. That's me.


This is my hair after I dyed it. You can't really see the hideousness, because you probably think its the lighting. Its not. That white overall tint is from my hair, not the wall.
But despite the ugly color, you know what I realized? I think I look better with dark hair! After all this, really? Leave it dark? I don't know. Ha! I don't know. But though this was stupid and at times I want to cry thinking about it, I just have to buck up and think-learning experience. Not that important. Hair and money, transitional things that don't matter. nothing to get down about. So I won't. But I will do things differently in the future.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Switz, funny how even hair dying has lessons in it.

Lizi Bates said...

Hi Sjajtzi! Is that how you spell it? It looks strange... Anyway, I think the up-close pic of your now color hair looks really pretty! And although you were trying to get away from the red and go back to your 'roots' I think red tints just might be the right thing for you :) The mountains receive me. XHAN!