Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

January 5, 2010

2009 in review...or I don't want to go to work :)

What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Took the GRE. Started Grad School. Rode in a hot air balloon. Made a movie. Bought a banjo.


Did you keep your new years' resolutions?
No way. Not even sure I made any.


What are some of your resolutions for 2010?
Given previous results, I didn't make any. I do want to be more dedicated to serving. I want to say yes more. And I have a new theme for people "Awesome until proven otherwise". I seem to go the other way around normally.


Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes


Did anyone close to you die?
hmmm. That is something I should know. I feel like no.


What countries did you visit?
Seattle?


What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
True joy and zest for life


What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Does it count if I have to consult my calendar? I feel like that's not etched. Lets go with September 27 because I made some pretty hefty realizations then. ah wait hold up. March 21.


What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving out of Provo. Ha! Not far but shoot, its a step. The 10K in zion was pretty cool too.


What was your biggest failure?
Same failure over and over again. and letting my family down.


Did you suffer illness or injury?
This year, not really. Honestly I'm not sure I've been sick at all....well I guess a little. Oh wait, I had quite a few injuries. hehe. The arm incident in February from snowboarding. The leg problem after the 10K. Now the psyiatic (sp?) nerve thing goin on. hmmm.


What was the best thing you bought?
I would say the banjo but I never play it. New strings for my guitar-they make such a difference! ack! I forget when everything happened! Eva, of course, was my best purchase of the year. And some sweet snowboarding gloves to go with her.


Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mine.


Where did most of your money go?
oh jeez who knows? Recently to my new room, to food, to musical instruments and snowboarding gear, to my car-brakes, tires, he's suckin me dry!


What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Cloud cult. Visiting Derek. The American River and the realization that CA is still my home. My banjo. Snowboarding. A joint friend blog that has gone nowhere. Traveling that hasn't happened.


What song will always remind you of 2009?
ahh. Got a bunch of our snowboarding songs...Grounds for Divorce, Just Dance, If I had a Million Dollars, Survivor, These Old Shoes, Furr, Take Your Medicine and everything else by Cloud Cult, hard to say.


Compared to this time last year, are you: much happier, richer, nicer?
Definetly happier. Not at all richer. So much poorer. Maybe nicer, I think the extreme anger is dying out a little.


What do you wish you'd done more of?
Made more music. Travelled more. Tried new things. Drank more water. Given in to the moment.


What do you wish you'd done less of?
Gone pyscho over the same cycle of fear, depression, sadness, panic, desperation, and frustration. Yelled at drivers. Complaining and talking about myself.


How did you spend Christmas?
Being mean to my family in Idaho. Rock band, movies, sitting around in agony.


Did you fall in love in 2009?
nah


What was your favorite TV program?
Don't have a TV. I enjoyed a couple new programs I saw over Christmas...forget what they're called though.


What was the best book you read this year?
hmm. As much as I like to read, I don't feel I read a lot of new books. I read To Kill A Mockingbird, and it has and will always be one of my favorites. I enjoyed Anatomy of Peace. And my pyschology textbook was actually very interesting to me.


What did you want and get?
Snowboard, banjo, bed, friends, pj pants, hope


What were your favorite films of this year?
These are things I will never remember for the whole year. I'm not even going to spend the time.


What were your least favorite films of this year?
same


What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
27. I went on a hot air balloon ride a couple days before. Then I went to Moab with my family and two of my best friends and we rode bikes, jeeped, and wandered the fair.


What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Don't know


How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
wha? fashion...?
of course, the hair was a fahsion statement. Basically, try out every color possible and never stop changing!


What kept you sane?
Friends. The only way. And solitary walks in the wild. Running and exercising helped. Family that always is there for me. God.


Who did you miss?
Who didnt I miss? What a weird question.


Who was the best new person (people) you met?
Maybe Emily from work. I really like her.


Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
People matter, things don't. If it didn't work, it shouldn't work. Life is beautiful and should be treated as such. God is always there for you, even if maybe He shouldn't be.


What are you most excited for in 2010?
Getting a better job and making more money. Making more music. Seeing Cloud Cult live and visiting friends who are far away. Having my own room. Seeing more of life.


What are you least excited for in 2010?
my mistakes. failures. the people I'll hurt and offend. the anger and bitterness I'll feel. Fear.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you just don't feel any anger, bitterness, or fear this year. I'm glad you stole this from me :)

Lizi Bates said...

If I were more motivated I might even steal it from ya...good new year quiz! It was fun to read thru. George and I noticed a recurring theme of snowboards and banjos. p.s. I hope I am one of those far away friends that you are going to visit :) XHAN!

Writing Group Blog said...

Shena, you should listen to Steve Martin's new banjo CD called "The Crow." Paul got it for his birthday and we love it. Who knew banjo music would be so awesome? It's been playing in our car for about three months now and it reminds me of you.