Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

January 21, 2010

My new home

For the first time in my adult life, I have my own room. And it was completely unfurnished to begin with, so I've had to acquire a lot of furniture. I acquired much of it from my parents, like this bookshelf. But, to make it my own, I decided to paint it. My mom helped me sand and paint this guy.



Then my parents helped me get a new bed! It's huge!!!! And oh my gosh, so comfortable.




Tuga!


I needed a nightstand, and ended up getting another little shelf from Wal-mart, cause I have so much stuff. But I had to put it together myself! Armed with my trusty junior mints, I finished the task, though it took me longer than I anticipated. Side note, junior mints have made some delightful candies shaped like hearts with red filling, and I highly recommend them. Like, ten times better than the normal candy (though some might argue that they taste the same...)






Ah, home sweet home :)

2 comments:

Lizi Bates said...

Home sweet home! I love it and I want to come jump on your bed...it looks irresistible with that big fluffy down comforter!! How do you resist not sleeping all the time in your room? Please tell me more about the bookshelf sanding/painting. I picked up a couple dressers on the side of the road a couple days ago and was thinking I'd refinish them...uh how do you do that?

Unknown said...

It looks so cozy and homey and happy!