Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

January 13, 2010

Things Guys Have Given Me

I was laying in bed last night,...lying? I hate that whole lay/lie confusion. anyway, as I was saying, Last night as I lie in bed, trying to fall asleep, my mind began thinking of the presents I have received from guys. I don't know where this came from, but I thought it would be interesting. So I'll try to keep it in chronological order, and just see what happens.

Ah, its hard when I was young. I'm gonna insist that Kris Lightfoot gave me something. Wouldn't he have? He loved me! If only I'd been ready in kindergarten...I can't remember anything though.

Some fake diamond bracelet thing in 4th grade. Meant we were "going out". I wanted to break up with him shortly after he gave it to me, but then I didn't want to cause I didn't want to give the bracelet back. Funny thing is I don't even like jewelry. Maybe this experience is why. Too much pressure attached.

Oh, some hair things and I think one of those clips you used to put your shirt in, you know, to make it higher or tighter or something. Oh the 80's. Yeah, pretty sure they were stolen from my best friend Julie; her brother gave them to me. Thanks Julie.

hmm. Looking pretty bleak really. In high school I got a lot of candy from this boy. Couple of boys, they did those candy bar poster things. And food, obviously, my life has been full of free date food. That's a great gift, by the by.

A podium. And a plastic dinosaur toy. Good guy there.

A blight on my driving record and a broken heart. Not sure the ticket was his fault, but the heart was.

A rose. That was nice. If only he didn't try to kiss me too!

A flower. Itunes gift card. A keychain "rod of iron" with the words "to hold the key to my heart". Another broken heart, and a hefty dose of emotional baggage.

Two creepy CD's.

A knife sharpener and a bag of bones.

A box of pancake mix. Wind chimes made from spoons. Another broken heart.

A compass necklace and a cool CD. (If only he'd marry me! ;)
Clarification needed here. These are from a very cool guy, and I in now way wanted to sound sarcastic with that comment. I was referring to a semi-inside joke. And then as I thought, I remembered other things he has given me. Like my only serenade. And playdough. Awesome.

That's all I can think of right now. Obviously not including family or anything. If you ever need gift ideas, I think this is the ideal place to look. Lotta winners in here.

2 comments:

steinbeigle said...

I have given you not only precious time, but some great music, as well as a few free music lessons. I have given you more appreciation than you'll get anywhere else in the world for your fudge, and I have given you much love from my heart. Please put me on your list.

Unknown said...

Dan,
I'm pretty sure you're on here...
Anyway, I like this list. A lot.