Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

January 21, 2010

Sun Valley with Smalls

Last weekend I went to Sun Valley for the very first time to visit Smallcomb in her new place of residence. It was wonderful, and she really likes it there. We had relaxing night of catching up and eating dinner on Friday. Then saturday, we had somje delicious yogurt for breakfast. I apparently had some strong feelings towards this yogurt, but as you can see here, the end emotion was definitely pure joy and love.


This is the lovely combo brought about by Smalls' wonderful red pants and the green volunteer jacket she had to wear. Very stylish.


Yes, that is baldy in the background. After volunteering for a couple hours helping kids on the small mountain, we got to head over to this beaut for a bit. It was amazing. Top at eleven!



I'm not exactly sure why, but smalls and I now have this thing where we have to jump in freezing, snowy rivers. We've done it before, so its not that its new. Its just that this time, I went up there knowing she wanted to jump in this river. And knowing that I didn't want to. But off we went on our icy trek through the snow.



What were we thinking?!!! I know I was thinking-I don't wanna!


But I did. We didn't have our chacos, so we just wore socks in for the dip, then took them off and wore our boots on the trek back home. So the water was freezing, and ridiculously shallow, which makes this so much more complicated (I hit my head on the bottom!), but I am amazed at how not bad I felt right after. There was a panic to get our clothes back on, but then I was really pretty warm, and we felt fine enough to snap a couple photos, chat with Smalls' neighbor...really there's no feeling like it in the world. The tingle. ahh. I'm glad we did it.




Then a lovely tour of the city. We went into this quaint bookstore Sarah had wanted to see. bought two books and learned about some yoga fest going on in a couple months.


This is a tavern Smalls is familiar with. Looks just like her kind of place


She shrunk! Oh man, did we ever feel like tourists.


Made some new friends...


Check out the old lifts! They actually used to look like this, except they were right down on the run, in everyone's way. The first chair lift was used in Sun valley!



A great weekend, and I hope I get to go back soon. Thanks Smalls!

5 comments:

Lizi Bates said...

Yes the wonderful tingle!! It's definitely a hate/love thing. And I want to know how you hit your head on the river bottom??? Oh dear! Looks like a fabulous winter retreat. You and Smalls are wonderful and I miss you both!!! p.s. I must go now b/c I see you posted about your new home and I must read on. p.s.s. I loved your email and I will write you back I promise!

Unknown said...

AH!!! I wish I were there! It all looks so wonderful! I miss you guys!

steinbeigle said...

So, you guys went skinny dipping again. And then went to a tavern. I'm not judging, just sayin...

Allie Hite said...

um...I miss you. Both of you. Why???? Should I try snow boarding? Skiing was really scary, I just don't know. Also, did I mention I miss you and we need to hang out?

Allie Hite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.