Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

February 20, 2010

Hockey Highlights

"We're coming to a fight and a hockey game is breaking out"
Probably the most overdone joke in the book, but it tickles me right. My ridiculous second counselor said this, along with many other cliches, at the hockey game tonight that my ward went to. Boise State vs. BYU. A bunch of guys from my ward decided we were for Boise, so I went for it with all my might. We were the only Boise fans in the whole packed place, so everytime we stood up and cheered them on, everyone looked at us. But that made it fun. Plus the fact that Boise turned out to be the ultimate, underfunded underdog made it more exciting to root for them.

Less fun, going with the bishopric and guys that feel the need to bring church into hockey. A couple guys sat right behind the byu penalty box so they could harass the players when the got sent in there. But they didn't harass. And I had to listen to such comments as "if the bishopric wasn't sitting two rows up..." yeah right. if they weren't there you'd have another excuse. and then people yelling "are you going to pass the sacrament tomorrow?"

what? no. don't bring church to a hockey game. I guess then, don't go to a hockey game for church. I guess these are some low lights. I did really enjoy the comment by one guy, yelled roughly at a byu penalty player
"Is that what Jesus would do?"
While it still had the stigma of pansy priesthood, it was done with balls and I appreciated it. whoa, that's coarser than it should be on the eve of the sabbath but there it is.

I love the cheap food at hockey games. I loved the slams, the fights, the Boise guys facial hair. BYU just doesn't look right, with the
guys all clean shaven and neat haircutted.

I love that certain people are no longer employed at the Peaks so I can enjoy a hockey game in peace. I love that I check out every guy in that arena, yet never seem to find someone to even be interested in.

Are you done with hockey? good, me too. for now.

it is my favorite sport though. i think that needs to be said.

No comments: