Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

February 5, 2010

Spring Fever

AGHGHAGHGHGH! Spring does crazy things to me. Good things, I mean, I love it. I feel inspired, giddy, excited, hopeful, adventurous, crazy, all sorts of things and I'm revelling in it now, but also wondering what impulsive thing might take control of me. I've been envisioning all sorts of trips. My trip to Chicago, to Nebraska for the Switzer Family reunion, just wishing I could get all the way east to see Lindsey and Lizi.

Then I have all these plans-gotta get out of provo. I thought I did, but not really. I don't like my roommate really. I mean, she's great, but after the four months I have to live with her, I think I'll be done. And my apartment sucks me in. Third floor is too high; I can't just run outside when I want a sniff of fresh air, and that bothers me. So I'm envisioning what I can only describe as Calamity Jane's cabin, some well-lit home of cozy simplicity, where I can jaunt outside in the woods whenever I want. It's always light and warm because-its spring of course!!

And then I looked at places all around Utah I can move, and decided I needed to go south. Explore that territory. Hopefully meet up with the outdoor crowd, get into mountain biking, canyoneering, all sorts of things. good times. And surely i'll meet the man of my dreams down there, right? :)

This is the normal round of ideas for me in spring. Get out, see the world, do something new. I'm back into yoga and envisioning me as an instructor, outside of course, on some beautiful grassy hill. I want to sleep outside, and have seriously thought of quitting my program so I can work in the wilderness again. So, slightly troubling. But the new craze that came over me last night has me worried.

I was thinking of cutting my hair! what?!?!? I love it long. I've been admiring it in my shadow when I walk-the wind flowing through it. I love shadow hair. I love long hair. It was like coming back into myself to have long hair again. But, its so unhealthy due to my ...recent obsession. If i cut it, I could start new, letting it grow nice and healthy. the problem is, I want short. Like "Six Days Seven Nights" short, where its just all wild and all over the place. Then I want long. I don't want any of the in between, cause that's when I look like a goob. now, I don't think I will get crazy enough to actually go through with this plan, but I need help. Need support. guys, stop me in my madness before i do something too drastic to fix!

Ah spring, what will you do to me next?

4 comments:

Lizi Bates said...

First of all...I'm honored to be mentioned in your post :) I have visions of you showing up on my doorstep any day now and that would be fantastic! Second of all...the Switzer family reunion would be in Nebraska? Did you know the Lewis side of the family is from there? Nebraska has a little piece of my heart. Third of all...are you talking about Cedar City?? I really really really think you'd love it there. And not just because there is a better chance of me getting to see you more often. Fourth of all...haha you never hear that. Anyway yes SPRING, it's a wonderful thing. So refreshing. So full of new life and change. As far as the hair goes I will say that I'm kinda sad about not having long hair. I mean it was time, and it was cute when it was short, but now it's in the in-between annoying stage where it stays for so long. Speaking of long...this comment is ridiculously long. Te dua Shena!

Unknown said...

My hair and I are having issues. The right side of my head doesn't know who it is anymore. I thought getting a hair cut over the break would help it and it didn't.
What I'm saying to you is I always end up doing a drastic chop and I never ever regret that.
And I need to dye my hair and I miss Sally's because the stores here don't have the color I want and I almost threw the boxes out the window.
You remind me that I need my Walden Pond. We all do. Maybe I won't get a job this summer, maybe I'll just go live by myself in the woods somewhere.
Only please come visit me.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dances alone said...

huh. i can't access that! it did seem exciting though