Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

February 1, 2010

Sharing

Okay, I got this crazy idea, a while ago. I had a moment in time when I really wanted to share the songs I had written with people, wanted to get them out there just because. So I wanted to record me playing songs, and post them on here. Problem was, didn't know how to just record music. So I thought, fine, I guess video myself and post that on here. But for those of you who know my video posting drama, that is not an option for me. Somehow I'm incapable. All of this led me to my present insanity. So listen. If you are a real musician, and/or if you are going to be mean, I ask you to turn away now because I can't handle it. I know what I've done is absurd. I wonder what I could possibly be thinking, and I don't know. Maybe just one of those impulsive-got the idea and "now I gotta see it through" things. Whatever happened,I recorded some of my songs. At first I tried just recording my fingers cause I don't like the camera on me, but that was totally ridiculous. So I moved on to the whole me shot, and over the last year and a half have taped four of my songs, and now have posted them on youtube. Ha! No one has seen them; I think they remain blissfully hidden from anyone's eyes. But I am opening myself to you, if you want. This is a link to my latest song, written for Smalls when she left me. On the screen is my user name and a link that goes to my other songs, if interested. Just one more step on this journey, especially the path to overcome fears. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzC0a3CxHww

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it. Love you. Yes you can fly into Burlington, VT or Manchester, NH. Burlington only has one airline, while Manchester has the Southwest. Just putting that out there. :)
I really want you to put the magnetic hug song online.

Unknown said...

Also, you are beautiful and I wish I was brave enough to do that.

Lizi Bates said...

Shena you are famous!! I want you to look at the camera and smile. This made me miss you so much. I'm so lucky to know you. And Smalls too. I love that you wrote it yourself, played the guitar yourself, and sang all by yourself. It's all YOU and I love it! I think it's cool all your different hairstyles :) Nice video effects on Reckless. Is the background water noise Tortuga? Oh yes and one more thing...when will we be recording Closer to Fine? Hahaha :)