Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

March 7, 2010

Reunions

In the last couple of weeks I've been able to see a couple of really great friends that I haven't seen in a while. The thing I love is that no matter how long it's been, it always feels comfortable, like we were just roommates or have been hanging out for weeks. I've been thinking a lot recently about how important good friends are to me, how much I depend on these people who know me and accept me and love me.


Liz came for Lisa's wedding and we spent a fun day together, including our tradition-sushi and hot fudge peanutbutter shakes. The thing I enjoy about traditions like this is, they are an amazing excuse to do what you know you shouldn't. I'm trying to eat healthy but...tradition. No money, no excuse! Gotta do it anyway! So that's lovely, but even more, I just really love talking to Liz and getting her perspective on things. Stole the pic from you liz, thanks!


Charity and I lived together for three years. They were an awesome three years. We went through a lot. After seeing her I spent the night musing on our times, sitting on the hall floor talking, or grading papers. And though sooo much time has passed and a lot has changed, its still the same charity after all. We got each other through a lot.


And my desert. There's always a sense of home and belonging when I go back. This is actually a bit in front of my desert, from atop a mountain we were assessing for radio reception. But beautiful all the same.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Me next!! Please say I'm next!!

Lizi Bates said...

So did you get the radio reception? I'm honored to have made the blog!! I love our tradition. I look forward to Provo just because I get to see YOU and then I know what follows, sushi and milkshake. By the way...still haven't attempted making it at home, but I've pondered it and it's gonna happen one of these days! It was SOOO good to see you!!

Nicole Moultrie said...

Dear Dances Alone, I think you are hilarious! Te Dua!