Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

March 30, 2010

Commitment

I am in class right now. We were talking about leadership and qualities of leaders. I've been learning and remembering some things about myself as a leader as I get acclimatized to my new job. In some ways I'm a good leader; in others I struggle and need to get better. We went over this list of traits and rated ourselves, and one in particular stood out to me.

Commitment.

I believe I am the antithesis of commitment. I just took a break to discuss a project we're doing with a classmate, and the last words I said were "I'm giving up." An illustration of my point.

I am not commited to my new job. I have a conversation in my head everyday of what I will say when I tell them I'm not staying, which I plan to do soon, when I commit to burning that bridge. I am not commited to staying in Provo-I keep talking about getting out- but I am not commited to leaving-I exert very little effort to find a job elsewhere or set up a future for myself somewhere else.

I am not commited to my program. Last week I went into a frenzy thinking I was dropping out and heading into a different field. I don't ever want to work full time. Or if I do I want to love my job. That has happened very few times in my life, though it has happened. So I gravitate back towards that happy field, but its not a career. Apparently I need a career.

I am not commited to paying off my debt or saving money for cool things. I want to get a bike and start mountain biking. I want to run a half marathon. I want to go sky diving. I want to play the banjo and fiddle. I do nothing but feel frustrated at my life. I'm in a funk now so this is all more negative than my usual perspective, but I'm certainly feeling negative right now.

I am not commited to getting over obsessions that have plagued me for a long time. I am not commited to yoga. Or reading scriptures. Or eating healthy. Or anything else I want to do. It's like I lost control of my life. And I feel desparate, and in need of shaking up, and impulsive. I want to commit. To something. I just can't choose what, and then I cant control myself to stick to it.

Cant cant cant.

Problem? : I don't believe in anything. Nothing in my life seems worthwhile. Nothing matters. So I wish I could just let go of it all and go enjoy myself. If I am to be meaningless, lets enjoy it eh?

I am, apparently, not commited to life. How horrible.

Next week, I hope, my post will be much different. Excited, hopeful, enthusiastic. Cloud Cult couldn't come at a better time. Hormones are bad. I am bipolar and very much ruled by the moon. That's all. My apologies for the pity party.

1 comment:

Lizi Bates said...

Oh Shena! It's a new day today...a sunny one. I hope you let go of your funk and are feeling better! Everyone goes thru the cycle. But it still stinks when you get stuck in da funk. I hope you dye eggs and celebrate Easter, you're so good at celebrating holidays! If you were here, we could have an egg rolling contest. You would love it, even tho I'd win, hahah :) Don't let the moon control you, too much at least :) I te dua you Shenstar!!!