Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

January 2, 2011

2010 in review

What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?


Visited Omaha, Portland, and Yakima; bought and rode a scooter; quit grad school; saw Cloud Cult live
Did you keep your new years' resolutions?

I doubt it.
What are some of your resolutions for 2011?

Only eat sugar one day a week; have already broken that and may need to adjust to wean me down a little. But anyway, eat less and treat my body like it deserves to be treated, no more poison and gluttony.

Run a half-marathon (March) and a whole marathon (??!?!?!)

Love every day, or at least something about every day
Did anyone close to you give birth?

YES!!! So many people having babies. yeah!

Did anyone close to you die?

I don't believe I attended any funerals this year.

What countries did you visit?

mean. still just the us of a.
What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A clue

What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

April 15th, first time seeing Cloud Cult, an amazing night in Chicago where some of my life plans got turned upside down.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Getting a full time job I enjoy; buying my first vehicle, casting out old loss in the bottle and finally letting go
What was your biggest failure?

Continuing to judge and rank everything and everyone.
Did you suffer illness or injury?

Food poisoning one night, maybe a cold...nothing big.
What was the best thing you bought?

the aparment, though we're just renting it, and the scooter. oh and for sure the horse blanket for chris.
Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

several different conversations with unsatisfied single lds girls. and now church members in general often leave me appalled and angry, not depressed.
Where did most of your money go?

Freakin' car bomb, gas money, scooter, turtle, impulse buys, and maybe a little to hair stuff. and definitely rent.


What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Visiting Jackie, Lindsey, Wendy, and Derek; seeing Cloud Cult live, seeing smallcomb, liz having a baby, quitting Telos, riding my scooter

What song will always remind you of 2010?

Freakin' "hot then your cold" song that won't get out of my head, "Secrets" by One Republic, Regina Spektor, ... Light Chasers album

Compared to this time last year, are you: much happier, richer, nicer?

I am not richer, but more aware of my financial situation; soooo much happier, not sure about nicer. less fake nice though.
What do you wish you'd done more of?

Money saving. Friend making. Traveling. Performing.

What do you wish you'd done less of?

Making an ass of myself, caring that I made an ass of myself, or how people percieve me in general, waiting for things to happen, complaining, bad habits

How did you spend Christmas?

Relaxing with the fam, playing life, the drawing game, laughing hysterically with my family, snowboarding, sledding, cuddling with pets, watching movies, drinking (oops) and eating way too much,
Did you fall in love in 2010?

y7es, for just a little bit. but once he got married i swear, i got over it...

What was your favorite TV program?

For the short period there was a tv i got really into Modern family and, sadly, american idol. Then i bought some scrubs and office dvd's, and king of the hill, and enjoyed them thoroughly.
What was the best book you read this year?

Whale Wars certainly had the biggest impact

What did you want and get?

snowboard bindings, to live with jess in a huge place, jeans, season pass, keens, a real job, a scooter

What were your favorite films of this year?

How to Train Your Dragon!!!! Royal Tenenbaums
What were your least favorite films of this year?
why bother?
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I worked for 12 hours, froze in a snowstorm at Oakley, then got stuck in the desert. Watched how to train your dragon the next day.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

being present for all of it

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?

answer remains the same from last year: wha? fashion...?

What kept you sane?

personal ponder time, the outdoors, yoga, friends, love
Who did you miss?
all my friends who left me

Who was the best new person (people) you met?
I don't know.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.

Find out what you believe, cause if you don't, you won't stick to it. Life is immeasurably more beautiful than some of us let it be

What are you most excited for in 2011?

i have a lot of plans, and really its planning that makes me excited. the runs i will do, getting in shape once and for all, camping, traveling, life, what have you
What are you least excited for in 2011?

having little money as i attempt to pay off debt; trying to get a real job, fear

1 comment:

Jules said...

I have this problem where every time I read your blog I can't help but call you. I miss you and wish I could run with you