Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

March 7, 2011

Run Run Run

Okay, here's the situation.

In two weeks, I am supposed to run a half marathon. I have never been as apathetic and undedicated about preparing for a race as I have been for this one. The trip to Vegas/getting sick came at the crucial training juncture, and left me almost 100% positive this will not be possible.

I have the option of switching to a 5 mile race, and that will likely happen. But even that requires some training, no? After the illness, my chest was/is still full of nasty mucus yuck that seems to be my particular curse every time I get sick. So even though I did start running last week, it's incredibly hard to breathe and my endurance is crap.

The only option I have at this point is to get running and hope I don't suffer too much. But what am I doing? Sitting on my couch, eating mini-snickers bars, thinking about how tired I am, how wet and cold from reading meters in the rain today, and how all I really want to do is curl up in my bed and go to sleep. Or watch a movie while eating really delicious foods. Or cry, really really long and hard because that's what I've been feeling like doing lately.

None of these things will get me ready for my Moab run. I am, by the way, so excited to go to Moab, to get out, to get away. I hope it helps. I went to Cedar City last weekend to see Liz and Sawyer, and the rest of the wonderful family, and it was so nice. They're so great. But the weather turned cold sunday and it was back to hibernation mode for me. (check out Liz's blog Zion for pics, she does a great job picture narrating fun events; I just like to complain :)

Anyhoo, that's really all I have to say. I know it's Wendy's birthday and that should make it the best day in the whole world, and maybe if you were here Wendy, it would be, but since you're not, it's just cold and super rainy and lonely. But remember how I came to you, 6 years ago, and sunny Durres, and we danced with that one family...and started a wonderful time of my mission that meant so much to me. ahh. i guess it is a good day. YOU would go running if you were me. darn it. One more mini-snickers and then I'll think about it.

1 comment:

Lizi Bates said...

Wanna come watch The Office? The projector is all set up still. I miss you and am so happy you made the journey southward. I think snickers will actually help you in the run. Those things are packed with energy! Did the thinking about it lead to running? I hope you get back to 100% health and come out of hibernation. Xhan :)